Thursday, April 8, 2010

Second day....

I grew up with a lot of superstitions. One of them is - when you start something new and if you don't do it on the second day, there is a very high chance that you are going to drop out. I have to write the blog today even if I don't have anything to say.

Now I know that there are other reasons for me drop out. But just showing up at the game has lot of advantages. There was a case when I dropped out from a learning exercise after three months. I felt lazy one day and took a break. The next day I was reluctant because I missed the previous day. The reluctance increased exponentially every day. After a week it didn't make any sense to continue. My teacher, GSR, used to say that I should just show up at his place even if I didn't have any intention of learning.

I have a new age variation of this superstition, if you want to develop a new (good) habit do it without a break for 21 days. That's a good one. It worked for me for several of my new habits. Exercise and GTD weekly review (more on this later) have been the exceptions. I started 6pack abs in 16 weeks exercises. I did it for 8 weeks and dropped out.

The way you paid for iPod touch to sponsor the development cost of iPhone, you should read this trivial text to pay for the masterpiece that may come out one day. This is an excuse for me to write useless stuff on this blog when I don/t have anything to say just to stop me from dropping out of blogging.

1 comment:

  1. We all have days when we don't have much to say, or we don't feel like writing. I'm glad you did. I love reading your writing. :)

    ReplyDelete